Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bad habit?


In psychology, procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions or tasks with low-priority actions, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behaviour as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision. Schraw, Pinard, Wadkins, and Olafson have proposed three criteria for a behavior to be classified as procrastination: it must be counterproductive, needless, and delaying.

Procrastination may result in stress, a sense of guilt and crisis, severe loss of personal productivity, as well as social disapproval for not meeting responsibilities or commitments. These feelings combined may promote further procrastination. While it is regarded as normal for people to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an underlying psychological disorder.

-- Wikipedia


I really wish I didn't procrastinate too much.
"I should've done that but I can't think straight/I'm not in the mood/I'm too lazy today, so I'll do that tomorrow." Yea, it does happen to me all the time.
I guess I'm a pro in procrastinating (and making excuses for myself)
Procrastinate now, panic later. Hell yeah!

Post a Comment